eTA Canada

Get your ETA Canada instantly, and stay in Canada for up to 90 days at a time

Go to application form

Secure application

The 3 Application steps

99% of all visas are approved instantly

  • Complete and submit the
    Canada eTA application

  • Receive Canada eTA instantly by

  • Enter Canada and enjoy your trip
    with the best way to get eTA

What is Canada Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA Canada)?

ETA Canada is an electronic travel authorization that allows you to enter Canada, and stay for up to 90 days at a time. You are required to have a valid Canada eTA before boarding your plane

Go to application form

eTA Canada Eligible Countries

More than 64 countries are eligible for the eTA visa for Canada!

Eligible countrires

  • Andorra
  • Anguilla
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • British Citizen
  • British National¹
  • British Virgin Islands
  • British Subject²
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Bulgaria
  • Cayman Islands
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Falkland Islands
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Gibraltar
  • Greece
  • Hong Kong³
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Israel⁴
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Republic of Korea
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Montserrat
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Pitcairn Island
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania⁵
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Solomon Islands
  • Spain
  • Saint Helena
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan⁶
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Permanent resident of the U.S.⁷
  • Vatican City State⁸

Benefits of applying with us

Understand the difference

Government website Canada eTA (Logo)
Online application available 24/7/365
Comprehensive review and submission service
Recovery of your eTA by e-mail
Ready-to-print approved Canada eTA in PDF format
Full refund insurance if your application is rejected
Cost-free correction of error on application
Encrypted and privacy protected application form
Apply today, and receive your eTA instantly Go to application form
Online application available 24/7/365
Canada eTA
Government website
Comprehensive review and submission service
Canada eTA
Government website
Recovery of your eTA by e-mail
Canada eTA
Government website
Ready-to-print approved Canada eTA in PDF format
Canada eTA
Government website
Full refund insurance if your application is rejected
Canada eTA
Government website
Cost-free correction of error on application
Canada eTA
Government website
Encrypted and privacy protected application form
Canada eTA
Government website
Apply today, and receive your eTA instantly
Go to application form

eTA Canada information

Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through a Canadian airport need an Electronic Travel Authorization. However, those entering Canada by land or sea do not require an ETA. Furthermore, a number of visa-exempt foreign nationals do not require an ETA, such as U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens and permanent resident, cannot apply for an ETA.
An ETA is valid for up to 5 years or until your passport expires (whatever comes first). If you get a new passport, you must also apply for a new ETA. With an ETA, one can visit Canada as often as one likes for up to 6 months at a time.

Those travelling to Canada must meet the following requirements:

>Have a valid travel document, such as a passport.

>Be in good health.

>Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions.

>Convince an immigration officer that you have ties – such as a job, home, financial assets or family – that will take you back to your home country.

>Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.

Have enough money for your stay (the amount of money you will need can depend on the length of your stay, and whether you are staying at a hotel, or with friends or relatives).


If you are planning to fly to Canada for the purpose of either tourism, business, transit, or a family visit, and you are either a visa-exempt foreign national or a lawful permanent resident of the United States, then you need to apply for an eTA.

What is an eTA?

eTA stands for Electronic Travel Authorization and it is a requirement for visa-free air travel to Canada for nationals from Visa-Exempt countries. An eTA is in many ways similar to an e-visa (electronic visa), however it is distinct from a visa in the sense that a travel authorization is not a final approval, and those traveling on an eTA will still need approval from a border agent upon arrival in order to enter Canada. An eTA is issued electronically, meaning that holders don’t receive a physical visa. Instead the authorization is tied to the travelers passport number. Thus one does not need to print out any document to bring along on the journey, as the both the airlines and border guards will be able to verify one’s eTA status simply by checking the passport number.

Who are eligible to apply for an eTA

Anyone from a visa-exempt country must apply for an eTA when entering the Canada by air. The list of visa-exempt countries includes all European Union member states, Australia, Brazil*, Chile, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States^, and Taiwan.

Furthermore, only those visiting Canada for one the above-mentioned purposes (tourism, business, transit, and family visit) are eligible for the eTA. Those going to Canada for work, studying or medical purposes will most likely require a special visa.
You can read more about the eTA system on the official website from the government of Canada here.

How do I apply for an eTA?

Applying for an eTA is fast, easy, and affordable. You simply need to fill out the online form, wherein you are asked to submit your personal, contact and travel information and then answer some security questions. You can find the application form here. Once you have answered all the questions posed in the application form, you must pay the application fee, which is charged for each application, which means that if you are applying for several travelers, you will have to pay the fee for each individual traveler. Currently you can only pay the fee using either a credit or debit card after completing each application; it is not possible to pay in cash or through other means. Once your application has been processed, you will subsequently receive an answer at the email address you provided in the application form. Usually one will receive an answer within the same day if no additional information is required. It is therefore important that you double-check that the email address you provide is correct, as you otherwise won’t be able to get your eTA. If you are sure you provided the correct email address but nonetheless haven’t received an email with your eTA within a reasonable time frame, then make sure you check your spam folder as the email might have been filtered by mistake.

For how long is an eTA valid?

An eTA is generally valid for 5 years from the date of issuance. However, if your passport expire before that time your eTA will also expire, as the authorization is tied to the passport provided when you originally applied. You can use your eTA for as many trips as you desire during that period, but each trip may only last for up to 6 months at a time.

Do I need to print out my eTA?

It is generally not necessary to bring a physical copy of your eTA, since airline personnel and immigration officers can look up your eTA status automatically by simply scanning the passport associated with the application. But if you want extra peace of mind you can always choose to bring a copy the eTA confirmation you receive via email, but it is not something that is required anywhere.

*Only Brazilian travelers who have held a Canadian passport within the last 10 years are eligible for an eTA.

^Only lawful permanent residents of the United States (i.e. Green Card holders) are eligible for an eTA. American nationals do not require an eTA.